Well it finally feels like summer might really be here!! Here is a yummy smoothie recipe to refresh you after a hard summers day…
Banana Strawberry (or whatever fruit you love) Rum Smoothie:
- 1 large ripe banana, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, thinly sliced or try blueberries or kiwi!!
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup banana yogurt or strawberry banana
- 1 oz dark rum
- 1 oz banana brandy (optional)
- 1/4 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 cup ice cream (optional for low fat)
Place bananas & strawberries in a bowl and freeze.
Once frozen, put frozen fruit into a blender with the skim milk, yogurt, orange peel and brown sugar.
Blend at medium speed until thick. Add rum and brandy.
Pour into chilled glasses.
Thread strawberries, banana slices, & mint onto long toothpicks or skewers. Place in drinks and serve.
- Smoothies!!! (tooclosetotwenty.wordpress.com)
- Morning munchies. (fightcancerwithfood.wordpress.com)
- Green Smoothies (skiingmama.wordpress.com)
- Smoothie anyone? Easy! (spreadinformation.wordpress.com)